POSTED BY admin | Feb 21, 2014
Use of information shared and collected
In order to deliver Automatic Coupons’s products to its users, to improve those products, and to create new products and services to help users save time and money, Automatic Coupons collects information from you during your use of the Services. We collect information you share directly with Automatic Coupons and other information during your use of Automatic Coupons’s products.
Information you share
When you become a user of Automatic Coupons you share a limited amount of information. As you continue to use Automatic Coupons’s products, you can save products of interest to you to monitor price drops and share promotional codes and deals you found useful for other users to benefit from. This additional information is optional and does not impact your use of Automatic Coupons’s products.
Information we collect
- In addition to information that you share with us, Automatic Coupons’s products automatically collect certain information to enable Automatic Coupons’s products, including the Extension, to function properly and to help us better understand how our products work on various devices and browsers. That includes the type of devices you use, your device’s unique IDs where available or set, your IP address, your operating system, the type of browsers you use, URLs and domain names, how you engage with websites you visit when using Automatic Coupons’s products, error logs, and other similar information. This information also allows us to upgrade and improve your experience.
- Automatic Coupons’s products also collect information during the online shopping experience, including information about what promotional codes or coupons were used, pricing and availability of products, and information about how our products are used during the shopping experience.
- We take our users’ time seriously and always want to make sure that any communication or service we provide is useful and relevant. It is in this spirit and scope that we also collect information which allows us to know whether you took an action from our communications. To do that we use common digital tools that allow us to see if you opened an email or visited a link we sent.
- We are always happy to help our users when you reach out with questions. The information we collect during that process is used to better improve Automatic Couons’s products and the experience of our users.
Our goal is to save people time and money by using the shopping experience and data of our users to create better tools and products. The information you share, and we collect, enables us to do that and gives us insights about pricing and availability of products. We also may use information you share, and we collect, in aggregate with other data for research and analytical purposes. We do not sell your personal information to anyone, but we may be obligated to disclose information you share, and we collect, in connection with legal requirements imposed on us and obligations we have as set forth below in the section titled “How do we share your information with third parties?”.
Information we do not collect
We collect information that we believe can help us save our users time and money. This does NOT include any information from your search engine history or from your email, bank or credit card accounts. That means while you are checking out and Automatic Coupons is saving you money, we are only collecting information about products, pricing and savings, not your financial information.
Your choices for managing your information
We have made it easy and simple to opt out of Automatic Coupons at any time. If you have any issues you can contact our support team for assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We have also given users the ability to control the data we collect, while still continuing to use our products. This information can be adjusted in the accounts settings pages, but limiting the information you offer to provide may impact Automatic Coupons’s ability to provide certain products.
How do we share your information with third parties?
We may be required to disclose information under these limited situations:
- as required by law, or to comply or respond to a government request, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, or investigate fraud;
- with service providers who work with us, who have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement, and who do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them; or
- with a buyer, affiliate or other successor if Automatic Coupons is involved in a merger, acquisition, similar corporate transaction. In such instances, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Website of any change in ownership, as well as any choices you will have as a result of such transaction.
Storage of your data
As we are located in the United States and Automatic Coupons’s products are operated in the United States, if you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information you share and we collect will be transferred to, and processed, stored and used in the United States in order to provide Automatic Coupons’s products to you. The United States does not have an adequacy decision regarding data protection from the European Commission.
Automatic Coupons only keeps your information as long as is required to provide Automatic Coupons’s products to you, as required to fulfil our legal requirements and defend legal claims.
After you have terminated your use of Automatic Coupons’s products, we will store your information in an aggregated and anonymised format.
If you would like us to delete the information you provided, you can always contact us directly at email@example.com. We can explain how we can delete your profile immediately. Once you delete your profile, there is no longer any data attributable to you.
We use “cookies” and other semi-persistent but non-personally identifying user identification markers to identify users (“IDs”). When you install our tool, information you share, and we collect, will be synced with these IDs.
Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and/or across different websites. Automatic Coupons’s products do not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that we collect information about your online activity while you are using Automatic Coupons’s products in the manner described above.
We take great precaution to protect and safeguard our users’ information. We have put in place physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the information we collect and process. This includes, limiting access to employees, vendors, and others; use of pseudonymization and anonymization techniques where feasible; and use of industry standard encryption techniques when transmitting information. Nonetheless, we are unable to guarantee that user information will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed as a result of a breach of any of our physical, electronic and procedural safeguards.
If you have any questions about our privacy policies and practice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.